Agility is fundamental to the sustainable growth of an SME. The capacity to scale, pivot or adapt according to internal and external stimuli can often determine an SME’s longevity. An important requirement for agility in a modern business is a flexible and dynamic network. For decades, companies have relied on hardware-defined networks which not only involve expensive hardware, but also the high setup and maintenance costs to configure and support them. With the arrival of software-defined networking standards such as the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN), companies, particularly SMEs, can finally reap the benefits of flexible networks at cost-effective rates.
Here’s everything you need to know about the revolutionary power of SD-WAN and how your business can begin its transformation.
The benefits of SD-WAN
- Centralised management – SD-WAN gives you central management of your business network. It allows you to stay in complete control of configuration, security, usage and other policies.
- Flexibility – Software-defined networks provide greater agility. Virtual machines can be moved between servers without manual intervention and applications can be run without affecting operational network traffic. This gives IT managers the ability to make changes to the network with minimal disruption to the business.
- Efficiency – SD-WAN allows applications to be distributed across the business’s network through smart traffic routing, with critical apps prioritised for optimal performance.
- Security – SD-WAN leverages cutting-edge network security standards to protect the integrity of your business data and guarantees full and quick disaster recovery.
- Cost-effective – Without the cost of hardware and maintenance, you’re free to invest more money into the revenue-generating core functions of your business.
Switch to SD-WAN with IgniteSD-WAN from Ignite makes light work of owning and managing a complex network. From performance monitoring to permissions policy management and event-logging, you get a seamless, unified system on a single intuitive platform.
You will receive a unified Edge (uEdge) device at your branch office that’s deployed rapidly with zero-touch provisioning and fortified with Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS). This allows your business to enjoy the benefits of a more reliable, secure and elastic network in no time.
For more information about SD-WAN, view the product here and get in touch with us when you’re ready to elevate your business’s networking capabilities.